Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TIME TO HANG UP THE CHALK

As I take my last journeys down the halls of Hobart High School, I can remember the first day I walked into the old building. I was so excited to begin my "career" as a member of Hobart High School's English Department!

How was I to know that once I blinked, 38 wonderful (and full of wonder) years would pass so quickly? And now, it's time to "hang up" my chalk,


say my farewells to some of my favorite "babies,"


and begin a new chapter in my life. (We have no chalk boards in the new building; only white boards!)

While I "hang on" to my memories,

I'm reminded that many adventures await -- if only I let go!

As I grow older, and enjoy my other pursuits,

I tip my hat to the next group to enjoy the pleasures that MY CAREER gave me,

and offer this advice: DON'T BLINK or you may miss some of the most important moments of your life. Savor each moment.


Wishing you the joy, love, and peace that are yours for the taking.


GOOD BYE! I LOVE YOU!




















































1 comment:

Rebecca F said...

Your are am amazing teacher..who will truly be missed...I am proud that you were able to teach my daughter before you hung up your chalk or should I say dry erase marker...