Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THANKFULNESS

As Thanksgiving draws closer, I'm reminded of how much I have to thank God for bringing in my life. Of course, the usual:
family, friends, colleagues, pets, work....
Most importantly, the need to be needed. I have become so "needy" that I've lost the feeling of being "needed."
Today, I was "needed."
Two of my sharpest students were having trouble with application essays. One just couldn't get a transition. I had her try something, and she said, "That's amazing - how did you do that so quickly?" The other wanted me to proofread her essay (not my strongest skill!) Cleaned up some grammar errors and she was thrilled.
Neither task was difficult, but they were sooooo happy. Yes, I was "thankful."

2 comments:

MomM said...

I think that's why we need to quit feeling so bad about asking for help. Other people also have the need to feel needed. (At least it makes be feel better about asking when I think of it that way!)

1-2-3
Sharon

S.A.M. said...

good point!