Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Never Thought I'd Have the Joy!

Over 30 years ago, I knew there were two titles I would never have: Mom & Grandma. Of all the joys in the world, I knew I would just have to be jealous of my sisters & friends. I have been incredibly blest to have my sisters & friends "share" their children with me, but to BE "Mom" or "Grandma".....
When surgery meant Sharon would be the only grandparent who would be able to attend Grandparent's Day at the kids' school, my heart just ached - especially because Don & Linda always made it so nice for Sharon.


AND THEN.....

Amy asked if I could go with Sharon so Jack & Grace could each have someone! I immediately donned my "GrandGodmother" hat (Grace's Godmother is one of my Godchildren) and said that I'd take Personal Leave! What an unexpected and joyful treat!


And now I hear Katie (that's "Kathryn" to everyone outside the family according to Katie) may need me, too! I can hardly wait!

(Mary will be keeping Mommy company - only grandparents at the party!)






3 comments:

MomM said...

OK, GGM - we'll have FUN tomorrow. I can hardly wait!
1-2-3
Sharon

S.A.M. said...

Me, too!

Amy said...

Goofball, you commented on your own blog! I will say - very well put. The kids are so excited too. I needed to see all these smiles this morning. What a nice way to wake up more!

Amy