Saturday, October 16, 2010

"WHO'S MISS MUMAUGH?"

When I retired, I knew that one of the hardest things for me would be not knowing any of the students in a few years. It dawned on me that the Class of 2012 would be the last group of students I would have taught. One charming young lady in that class has made a special effort to "keep me connected" -- Alley Banks keeps me up on the "scoops"; she delivers things back and forth to me; she makes sure I still feel a part of things at HHS. [My "Lungs for Lissy" T-shirt, my Yohan silly bandz, my ticket for the Murder Mystery were all handed to her to deliver and get the $$$ for without her even knowing the arrangements had been made!] It probably helps that she is a "second generation" baby for me [I had her mom a couple of years back] and she is a theatre person, too!

Today, she told me that the saddest thing happened to her. Some kids were talking at rehearsal that I was planning on attending the Murder Mystery. One of the freshmen students asked,


"WHO'S MISS MUMAUGH?"

Alley said she almost cried. But, in true "I-got-your-back spirit," Alley retorted,

"YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO KNOW!"

Gotta' love that girl!









No comments: