Saturday, August 21, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL -- NOT

The day I have been regretting is Monday. Summer "vacation" is over; summer school has ended; fall sports have done the mandatory practice time and begun their seasons; friends, colleagues, alumni have all prepped their classrooms and started lesson plans; the shopping is complete; the supplies have been purchased.

And so it's "Back to School" time ~ for those still teaching. Monday begins the 2010-2011 HHS school year. Teachers will meet for breakfast in the Great Hall.

Excitement is in the air as everyone catches up on the much-too-short summer. New teachers try to "fit" in; veteran teachers wander in; all wait for the festivities in the theatre. And then it's a faculty meeting before preparation in rooms.

But this year is different for S.A.Mumaugh; I will not be at breakfast;

I will not be at teachers' festivities; I will not be at the theatre;

I will not be at the faculty meeting; I will not be going to Room 1303.

I WILL still be a BRICKIE because "ONCE A BRICKIE, ALWAYS A BRICKIE!"

And now I AM RETIRED!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday should be a day to go do something for yourself. Just another day!!!

MomM said...

I'm glad the three veterans are going to breakfast. Take your time; linger; stroll out of the restaurant. Then you can drive by the high school and give them raspberries. You can go home a take a nap, go shopping, drink a beer; whatever. Have FUN tomorrow.